Wednesday 23 December 2009

Final thoughts

I'm taking a break from the blog over the holidays. Being Jack
Stafford is a full-time job and the blogging can be a bit of a chore.

I'll start again with the first show in Switzerland on 7th January.

I'm at the airport waiting for my flight back to England and the folks
for a week, luckily the flight hasn't been cancelled. After that in in
Vopenhagem for New Year.

2009 has been a real landmark year for me. After 10 years in Holland,
numerous projects, countless adventures, innumerable undertakings...
You get the idea, I've finally set myself free from all my trappings
and commitments and become a full-time travelling musician.

No record company put their money behind me, no booker decided to work
for ne, no one else put their faith in me or gave me a boost. I
realised if I was waiting around for someone else I'd be waiting a
long time.

I hope that's a little beacon of encouragement for anyone else
bemoaning their situation or lack of luck. The roads are already there.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment