Monday 1 March 2010

Finance

Something else people ask a lot (mostly my father) is do you make enough money to live doing this? Yes. All the shows pay now. Some better than others. House concerts at the high end, coffee shops at the bottom. Switzerland at the mountain top, Spain in the valley.

My only expense is travelling (and lunch, venues provide dinner and accommodation or I couchsurf)

January/February/March: 3 month Eurorail pass €1432
April/May/June: Return flight to the US€600, €2042 rental car and €1000 gasoline
July/August/September: Travelling to festivals est. €2000
October/November/December: 3 month Eurorail pass €1432

Apart from the gasoline, they're all Bought in Holland so I can deduct the 19% sales tax. So my monthly travel rent is €574. Not bad I think. Cheaper than staying in one place!

It's not the way to make a fortune of course, but it pays in other ways and I'm not in it for the money.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice to see this one thought out. Looking forward to seeing you! - Simon

    ReplyDelete