Tuesday 30 March 2010

Next year

I think I've decided what I want to do next year. Cycling around
America playing shows. I could say in going to cycle to every state
but I'm tired of goals and targets. I still plan to do every country
in Europe this year but only because having a story makes booking
easier. But next year I plan to be much more relaxed about it, and I
can be without any travel costs.

I'll tell people I'm doing it my bicycle to be 'carbon neutral', which
us very popular nowadays (one guy got a write-up in Time magazine and
lots of people out at his shows when he toured by canoe). But really
I'm doing it because I want to be out on my bike. Stuck on the
interstate for hours on end, not seeing any of the countryside, and
getting stiffer and stiffer is no fun.

I was thinking about a trailer for the guitar but that will really
slow me down, so instead I'll get a ukelele because it's much smaller
and why not make it easy for myself for once.

1 comment:

  1. I must say I think this is a bad idea. Many reasons. - Your brother

    ReplyDelete