Friday 16 April 2010

Christmas plans

I'm thinking of the next Christmas album. I'll probably go for The Kinks this year. If I had to name a favourite band it would be them - and the same goes for a lot of people, so that's a good thing. I got a lot of nice messages after T.Rex from the States in particular that people liked them, so if you're going to do covers.

I'll try and get a band together and do a nice live recording. I've not been really happy with any of the last Christmas albums because they sound so rough. There's a charm in that obviously but I now look back at them as wasted opportunities, so this year I want to get it right.

I've asked an old friend in Amsterdam if he'd be up for getting a live band together and bashing them out, kinda like the way we did "Why does this keep happening to me?" on Exes.

No comments:

Post a Comment