Monday 26 April 2010

Good and bad


The turnout has been really low so far. I've performed for a total of 30 people for the first 3 shows in Canada. Those there appreciated it but it's a bit disappointing.

On the upside I'm getting some good interest from radio. A show called Rock Talk in Toronto (ast guests have included Ray Davies, Al Kooper, Nick Lowe, Judy Collins, Nile Rodgers, Dave Stewart, Andy Kim, Barenaked Ladies and many more). Want me to come in and do a session Wednesday next week. And a radio station Ottawa has giving me some good airplay.

And last night the bar I was playing in turned out to be owned by Canada's first VJ, on the equivalent of MTV. Mike is on the left above with his friend Donald (also a booker). So the point is that it's paying off just to get my ass out there in other ways. The first tour was bound to be hit and miss - something to build on.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment