Friday 16 October 2009

Preservation Pub, Knoxville, TN

It's gigs like that that make me wish I had a full band backing me up. Playing noise back at the noise. The only way to get a crowd to listen to you is to rock, or to be a two-piece Swedish girl group singing lullabies. I keep thinking that if I was good enough then it should get their attention, so it bruises my ego. I should have started acappella. It doesn't matter how good your lyrics are if people are talking.

The advance promotion didn't work so well either. A fraction of the people who said they'd come down actually came. Nevermind. I was on a flat fee so it didn't matter so much. But next time I will run out some cheap b&w flyers and paper the place.

I had a great four days here and made friends for life. I'm ready to hit the road again though. It's a small town and I've seen a chunk of it. On to Nashville.

No comments:

Post a Comment