Monday 12 October 2009

WDVX, Knoxville, TN


I've had a tour of Knoxville today. I played on the Blue Plate Special radio show at lunchtime. It was a nice show and the lyrical content raised a few eyebrows among the live audience but in a good way. The host Matt Morelock took me out to lunch afterwards and then around town.

It's a very lively place, like Austin used to be they say. Most people know most people and everybody knows Matt so it was good fun going around with him. He's opening a music shop on the main street and the big banjo above will be his show-piece (no, he's not a midget). I helped him move it down the street to a few raised eyebrows.



We visited his girlfriend Hollis getting a tattoo. She has a yoga studio and raw food restaurant, as well as owning the largest tour catering company. She did Bob Dylan's tour catering for 10 years. I hope to get some good anecdotes tonight when we're all getting off for Sushi. I wonder if Bob's a Sushi man?

No comments:

Post a Comment