Thursday 22 October 2009

Vaudeville Mews, Des Moines


I stayed with Mark in Des Moines. He's a doctor in casualty (ER, A&E depending on which country you're in) and is now on a career break, just taking photos and drinking and having a good time. It was an experience out on the town with him. Imagine Richard Bull in heat, on speed, and American and you're halfway there.

The show went well. Again not many people and no money but I've long since come to expect that. The other bands were good. Des Moines is a nice enough place. It was an experience walking across town to the gig through the Skywalks without having to go outside. The city is a cross between a space station and a hamster run.

I almost couldn't walk to the gig because Mark made a Chicago-style pizza - the first one I've tried - and I stuffed myself. Truly deliscious!


No comments:

Post a Comment