Wednesday 7 October 2009

Zoo and To Do



Phew. I don't know whether I'm coming or going. I have to play a show tonight and it's come as a surprise. My head is somewhere else entirely. I went round the zoo in Wilmington today to try and clear my head after the studio.

I have so much stuff to do, I don't have time to play a show. Touring is really cutting into my booking time. Luckily I had a cancellation for Saturday.  One good thing about working on the road is that you're more realistic and not so ambitious. For example, I have a three week gap in Spain in February that I was going to break my back to fill, but now I think I will just take it off. I have friends in Barcelona, Madrid and Seville and can take some downtime.

Here's a copy of my To Do list:

  • Write more songs
  • Update Google map of where I've been
  • Advancing (confirming shows two weeks before)
  • Mail everyone I met at Dewey Beach
  • Book Spanish venues for February
  • Book Germany for March (big job)
  • Find US house concerts (important)
  • US and Canada dates (Apr-June - big job)
  • Start a Facebook group (I've been resisting)
  • Make the ultimate merch stand
  • Book greyhound from to Phili for more recording and the gig I got through the open mic
  • Book flight back to amsterdam
  • Book ferry to England for Christmas
  • Add shows to agenda
  • Press kit to NL and beyond
  • Work on mailing list
  • Get St Louis show
  • Message wind whistles
  • Record tracks to click track
  • Learn covers for NY subway (gotta make some money)
  • Get my Dad a birthday present
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm upstairs in the Wonderland Ballroom in Washington, DC. I've set up my office in the corner and will wait for the fans. Could be another quiet night. Barack has to work late and Michelle was only a maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment